2013년 12월 18일 수요일

A dancer tapes her feet before putting on her pointe shoes

And Bouder has it down to a science. "I can do a full face of makeup in 15 minutes," she told us nonchalantly. And she wasn't kidding. In the brief amount of time we sat with her she transformed herself from an ordinary New York City girl into a prima ballerina.While Bouder is certainly dedicated to her job -- she rarely takes a break,Otherwise, you'll dilute your site with nonsense and probably start running into internal duplicate content issues.Socialize it and morphsuit show it to people who might be interested. flying to Italy to perform when the NYCB isn't in season -- she is also juggling school on the side. So when does she sleep? Yeah, we have no idea.It seems as though Bouder was destined for the stage, but Ana Sophia Scheller, another NYCB principal dancer, didn't set out to become a ballerina."It's funny because when I was in school, after school, you could either do ballet or soccer. And my mom saw that I was bored so she put me in ballet when I was in first grade. 

So I started then. And then my mom asked me if I wanted to do it for real when I was nine and I said yes," the Argentinean dancer told us.Scheller, known as the best "turner" in the company as in, pirouette turner, is as charming as she is graceful. She gets excited when talking about future ballets she'd like to perform "Swan Lake" tops her list, and she likes eating pizza right before she hits the stage, something other dancers might consider taboo. She loves doing elaborate makeup when she's off-duty and owns enough leotards to open up her own dance store.But Scheller is also quick to acknowledge the not-so-glamorous side of ballet. "Recently I did 'Sugarplum' [a lead role in 'The Nutcracker'] and the guy's costume had buttons down the front, and we did a shoulder sit and when he put me down, the buttons caught on my tutu. So while I was dancing, he was ripping my costume, trying to get it untangled.See where you're doing well and use that information to help you with your next project Cheap corsets so that you know what to focus on first.When I reached the airport, the sheer numbers of people going in and Superhero Costumes out of its glittering gates with ease reassured me that transiting through this airport was merely a routine exercise." We bet the audience didn't even notice. 

There were many fascinating rooms underneath the David H. Koch Theater where the NYCB performs, but the most interesting had to be the pointe shoe room. It's a small room filled with hundreds of pointe shoes for each female dancer in the company. Though it seemed a little excessive, many dancers go through at least one pair during a performance, if not two. To ensure that all dancers have enough shoes, the company orders about 8,500 pairs every year.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기